Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thats it

After nearly a month I have finished posting everything from Hungary so we will never speak of it again. This was my first time to Europe and I made the following observations while there:

-Europeans are über cool. I am pretty sure that they know it too.

-They dress super hip and sexy every day. Seriously they have the same ability that the Argentine girls have of knowing exactly how low you can put your pants so that they will still stay on and not fall off, maximizing lower belly exposure. My guess is that the secret is in the tightness of the pants. They also really seem to like you to be able to see their underwear in some way or another.

-Despite all this they have a hard time with dying their hair and many elect to have some unearthly shade of orange or almost a purple color head of hair and these are not the punk rockers, but mostly the middle to older aged women.

-Europe has much more appreciable art and it is more accessible. Of course in another couple decades there is a good chance some of this art will be covered in graffiti as that is also quite visible.

-Europeans ability to speak English is greatly exaggerated. Yes most speak at a pretty basic level or know some phrases for helping you get around, but the way everyone over here talks makes it sound like they are fully fluent or something. However, the accents sound delightful (and pretty cute too if I do say so myself).

-There is easy public transportation everywhere.

-Europeans have no shame and will make out anywhere. I figure that they are overflowing with so much love there is nothing that they can do but make out...in front of you...6 inches in front of you...on the bus...or subway...or sidewalk...or park bench...in a swimming pool...at the museum...the church. So in love.

-In Europe no matter what time it is, its time for a drink and a smoke.

All in all I had a great time. I'd definitely let someone pay for me to go to Europe again some day. In closing I will share with you my favorite name for a club (or really anything) that I saw in Budapest just down the street from my hotel.

I don't care who is playing. I'd just like to be able to say that I was heading down to the Rocktogon.

"Whaddya do this weekend?"

"Went to the Rocktogon."

"Nice!"

Doesn't that sound good? In fact if I could turn back time I would maybe even rename this blog the Rocktogon. I could name just about anything the Rocktogon and like it plenty including my first born.

Thanks Budapest! And thanks to my boss for sending me.

2 comments:

SGarff said...

Rocktogon, that's awesome!

Karen said...

Sounds like some of the same insights I had when I went to Europe. I also decided that they eat way better than we do for the most part. Good food. It is now my goal to win a free trip to Europe. I don't have a nice job like yours that will pay for a trip... =(