Monday, March 16, 2009

UTES WIN! UTES WIN!

After finishing the season as co-champions with New Mexico and the team down south I think it is safe to say that the Utes basketball team exceeded expectations. Seems to be a familiar theme for the Utes athletic teams this year. Knowing that sharing is not nearly as much fun as owning the Utes entered the MWC tournament and left as the champions after beating TCU, Wyoming, and San Diego St. The games weren't too pretty and 2 of them really came down to the end, but this team is a grind it out sort of team and unlike the previous 3 or so years they manage to pull out the wins in the close ones. Really I can't believe how successful they have been.



Now they grabbed a #5 seed for the tournament. I like our chances. No gimmes, but we have some winnable games ahead of us. As a friend told me yesterday, the Utes are pretty much just on top of everything. I couldn't agree more. It is a good time to be a Ute. GO UTES!

1 comment:

Drew said...

I hope I am that friend!