Yet again I am following in my brother's footstep and starting a blog. One of these days I will actually branch out on my own and have my own ideas. I'm not really sure what I am going to do with this, but I thought it would be easier to keep my friends and family up to date on my life. So come here looking for pictures of things I am doing or just really insightful thoughts on mostly useless things. The first few posts will be used to catch up on the last few months.
As for the title of my blog (by the way it is pronounced JERK-O-LAS and should be said while shaking your fist) that comes from a discussion that I had with at least some of my siblings. We decided that in my family my sister was the spoiled one (oldest and only girl), that one of my brothers was the family kiss up and the other was the family MVP (which is subtly different from the kiss up) and that I, well, I was the jerk. Don't get me wrong I am a nice guy, but I just usually gave my folks a hard time with several projects, especially the ones involving landscaping and painting (it should be noted that I did always follow through and do them cause like I said, I am a nice guy). So I don't feel that bad about being the jerk in the family. I guess every family has one. Someone will find it endearing right? Anyway I took "jerk" and combined it with my last name to create Jerkolas. I hope my parents aren't upset.
As for the title of my blog (by the way it is pronounced JERK-O-LAS and should be said while shaking your fist) that comes from a discussion that I had with at least some of my siblings. We decided that in my family my sister was the spoiled one (oldest and only girl), that one of my brothers was the family kiss up and the other was the family MVP (which is subtly different from the kiss up) and that I, well, I was the jerk. Don't get me wrong I am a nice guy, but I just usually gave my folks a hard time with several projects, especially the ones involving landscaping and painting (it should be noted that I did always follow through and do them cause like I said, I am a nice guy). So I don't feel that bad about being the jerk in the family. I guess every family has one. Someone will find it endearing right? Anyway I took "jerk" and combined it with my last name to create Jerkolas. I hope my parents aren't upset.
No comments:
Post a Comment