Thursday, August 16, 2007

Look out MLS

Real Salt Lake just signed a couple of Argentines to the team. Yeah they are complete unknowns, but they are still Argentines. I heard that West High School tried this a few years back with some foreign exchange students or something and it nearly launched their soccer team to the top. I am sure it will do the same for RSL who has had been a bottom dweller since its creation a few years back (I was at that very first home game). Now I think that they should set their sights on aging Argentines Martin Palermo (who a bunch of girls that I taught in Argentina thought I looked like, must be the passion in his eyes)



and "La Brujita" Juan Sebastián Verón




Its working for the Columbus Crew with Guillermo Schelotto. Then they can fix their attention on the rumors that Argentine powerhouse Boca Jrs. wants to create a team in the MLS much like Chivas did. They all ready had Boca come and play. I think it is time they stop their Real Madrid butt kissing and start begging for scraps at the Boca table. Then my dream for the MLS could come closer to fruition which is essentially to make it an extension of Argentine soccer.

No comments: