Last night I had a baptism to attend at 5:00pm and the Utah game started at 5:00pm. This was quite the bind I was in, but I went to the baptism. I returned to my home and flipped on the game not knowing if I would be seeing the Utes that crushed UCLA or the Utah team that was shut out by UNLV. I was thrilled to see that the Utes were beating Louisville 27-7 at halftime. I couldn't believe it. I mean what is with this team? Its like they come out and beat everyone that they are not suppose to beat. Its great, but it is so frustrating as well. Anyway after one half the Utes had 337 yards of total offense. Louisville only had 99 total yards (-7 yards rushing). This was phenomenal. Then the second half started and Louisville was just marching all over the field. Their passing game was clicking. Their RB was plowing through people with ease (how did they have -7 yards rushing in the first half). I was so perplexed that I called my Dad to ask how we were killing these guys because they were looking awfully good. He was entertaining some guests and said "I guess I better get down there and start watching again". This was a good move. Louisville had just scored and were within one score of taking a lead. The score was 27-21. They had all the momentum and the crowd was pushing them. Then almost at the same time that I imagined my Dad started to watch the game again the Utes made some moves again. Brian Johnson made some nice completions and a good run. Mack was running the ball well and the Utes started to finally kill Louisville's momentum. They scored once and then scored again keeping a good distance from Louisville's attempts. The defense made some stops and before you know it Utah was looking good with a 41-28 lead. Then Louisville made another push and closed in at 41-35. They tried the on-sides kick which Utah recovered, but the Utes couldn't move the ball too far and turned to Louis Sakoda for a crucial 46 yard FG since the Cardinals still had plenty of clock left to move the ball and score a game winning TD. Louis was perfect as he has been throughout most of his career and nailed it putting the last nail in the coffin. The Utes won 44-35. They had 582 yards of total offense! I called my Dad to tell him that as soon as he started to watch the game again the Utes started to take control. He was the x-factor this week.
On Friday I was also chatting with Jarvis about the game. He asked what I thought would happen. I said "I'm an optimist. I think we'll come out this week and win." He agreed and made a prediction. He said "Utah 42, Louisville 35". That is pretty amazingly close Jarvis. All my friends hoped that you had called Vegas with those numbers. Good job!
On Friday I was also chatting with Jarvis about the game. He asked what I thought would happen. I said "I'm an optimist. I think we'll come out this week and win." He agreed and made a prediction. He said "Utah 42, Louisville 35". That is pretty amazingly close Jarvis. All my friends hoped that you had called Vegas with those numbers. Good job!
2 comments:
I only bring my "A" game when guessing the score of Utah games. I'm going to go ahead and predict two games from this week:
byu-provo 10 UNLV 34
Utah 27 the scholars of sdsu 14
I hope you are right.
Post a Comment