Just read this. I'd love to see a reunion tour (they'd have to come through Seattle right?), but without Plant what's the point? Wanna know why you see so few good Led Zeppelin cover bands let alone covers? Because of Plant. As great as everyone else is, they can at least be mimicked, but not Plant. I bet this is just sour grapes from Jones from being left out of the Page & Plant concerts.
3 comments:
I would love to see them but without Plant it’s not Zeppelin. It’s less Zeppelin than Page and Plant were (I went to a couple of their shows, they were great but even they were not Zeppelin). In case you want to hear some arguments as to why Zeppelin should never tour again check out these posts from Bob Lefsetz’s blog. Warning: as smart as Bob is he’s not quite smart enough to express himself without resorting to profanity.
http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2008/03/04/plant-says-no/
http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2008/10/29/zeppelin-reunion/
Those were fun to read. I think he is right, but if they did do a reunion I bet I would still try and go. After all I do want to bring dinosaurs back to earth. Even rock dinosaurs.
I would definitely go. I think that even Mr. Lefsetz would go too (of course he got to see them play in the London show last year).
Post a Comment