Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Second Time's the Charm out at Rainier?

Last Saturday I went back to Rainier. It started out as a beautiful day so I thought that for sure I would get to see some great views, but on the way out it began to rain and pour so once again I was hiking in a cloud. It is still very nice. We got a late start. In fact we didn't even get to Rainier until 6:00pm. We hiked for a bit and pulled back into Seattle just after midnight. Good views, air, company, and good night. At least this time I wasn't hiking in snow with no visibility. No signs of the epic shorts guy this time.



Lamar, me, Catherine, and John Henry



Just me



Great thinkers on a rock





These are a couple of stoic Jansport ads that we put together. Not too bad.



This is the Nisqually Glacier with a nice added, but completely random effect from my camera.







These last ones are panoramic that I put together with some cool program on my computer. Rainier is always nice, but I hope the next time I go that it is just a beautiful clear day.

2 comments:

robin marie said...

LOVE the jansport ads. you really should those to REI. i know the guy who does their printing....

Jerkolas said...

Maybe that can be another solution to the grad student blues; REI photographer.